Acting as a sub-contractor ASimple participated in a project to modernise and develop the functionality of the warehouse management system (one of the System 21 modules) for an FMCG industry customer from Poland.
The changes to the warehouse management system allow a new type of warehouse locations called gravity racks to be maintained.
New functions created for System 21 enable warehouse transactions to be recorded in real time with mobile devices like scanners and terminals.
The modifications affect the following functions from the warehouse management system:
- maintanance of a new type of warehouse locations (gravity racks);
- implementation of put-away and picking processes for gravity racks with the support of scanners and bar codes;
- new WMS functionality for pallet picking using mobile devices;
- new functions for indoor pallet transfers using scanners and forklifts;
- change of picking algorithm for the warehouse to take into account lot rotation date and available quantity;